To be a certified coach, one must honor and promote certain criteria and specific requirements when in contact with partners, clients and colleagues. SCI honors a code of ethics in coaching and teaches core coaching competencies in the Certified Professional Success Coach training course.
Here are the 11 key skills in 4 categories that every coach should possess as outlined by the ICF – International Coaching Federation and the IAC – International Association of Coaching. As a licensed coach training school and licensee of the IAC Coach Masteries program, we assist our students in understanding and adopting these timeless coaching principles.
Foundations for customer relationships
1. Complying with the ethical directives and professional standards.
2. Understanding customer requirements and proposing appropriate solutions.
3. Building a relationship based on trust and respect.
4. Communicating in an open, flexible and comforting manner.
Communicating with the customer
5. Giving special attention to verbal communication as well as nonverbal, and encouraging the client’s personal expression.
6. Asking relevant questions.
7. Communicating in both direct and indirect manners.
Learning to succeed
8. Integrating and assessing information sources and proposing solutions to achieve previously defined objectives.
9. Creating opportunities for continuous learning, with the customer, to get desired results.
10. Planning and setting goals with the client.
11. Focusing on what is important to customers and enabling them to take responsibility for their actions.
Professional Success, Business & Life coaches use their knowledge, insights, life experience and coach training to help people reach their full potential in everyday life, health, career or business. Becoming a life coach, business coach or success coach is a moderately easy process through SCI’s coach certification course.
To learn more about becoming a certified professional coach, please visit http://successcoachinstitute.com or call 1-888-689-1130